Listen in as Tim Regan, Founder and Wealth Partner of PrairieView Wealth Partners, talks about pandemic-driven inflation, market predictions for 2023, and how your personal risk profile should affect your investment decisions.
In today’s episode, Tim provides a high-level look at how the pandemic, supply chain issues, and labor shortages have impacted price and supply for American investors, resulting in inflation.
Inflation measures the rate at which prices of goods and services are rising. If it’s too high, it can erode the value of investments and reduce their returns. Inflation can also be unpredictable, so understanding how it could potentially affect investments and having a strategy to manage it can be beneficial.
While inflation has been a hot topic in recent years, Tim predicts that 2023 could offer some relief, especially for bond performance. Stocks may also see a rebound in coming months.
Another crucial factor to consider in your investment strategy is your personal risk tolerance, which Tim divides into three main levels: Risk Off, Risk Neutral and Risk On. While these offer a great guideline for your portfolio in 2023, Tim reminds us that each person and portfolio differs.
“Make decisions based on your goal, your time horizon, and when you think you might need the money,” he explains.
Additionally, seeking out the help of a fiduciary can provide more personalized and informed advice for your unique financial situation.
1. Inflation is financial jargon for increased prices and/or the decreased value of currency.
2. It’s likely that the market will see more stabilization throughout 2023, which may improve bond performance specifically.
3. Your investment decisions should take into account your personal risk tolerance.
Key Timestamps and Topics
● [0:25] What has caused current price hikes?
● [0:46] Understanding the relationship between inflation and supply/demand.
● [3:35] Is inflation coming down?
● [4:53] How personal risk tolerance should inform your investment decisions.
Tackle Your Finances with Confidence
PrairieView Wealth is committed to providing your family with the tools and resources you need to turn your financial goals into reality. Click here to learn more about PrairieView or connect with a member of our team today.